Sunday, August 7, 2011

Project -- Magnetic Make-up Board


I saw this idea on pinterest.com and I was so excited to make one! It makes finding my make-up much easier. No more digging through the bottom of a drawer. Plus it adds some color and texture to my boring beige apartment walls. 


It's easy to make. You need a picture frame (mine was $4.99), and piece of sheet metal (Mine was $5 from Home Depot - it was a 12x18 though so I had to cut it down with metal clippers), a piece of fabric (I had to get 1/3 of a yard and it was about $1.30) and then you need magnets (Got a huge pack for $0.97 at Walmart). So the total cost was about $12. Not too bad!


Directions: Open up the frame and place your piece of metal with the fabric spray glued on into the frame. Put the cardboard backing onto the frame and close it up. (Do not keep the glass part of the frame on because you lose the magnetic quality of the sheet metal).  Then place magnets on the back of your make-up and stick to the board. Easy peasy.

Yay for organization!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that on Pinterest too!!! My first thought was that it was soooo cute, but that it was a bit too young for me! lol. Perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete